10-second handheld long exposure with Olympus E-M1 III

Artaius

Staff member
Nov 13, 2019
www.digitalcameraworld.com
I'm not holding these up as great photographs, because they're really not, but I thought they were interesting!

I was playing with the new Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III and Olympus M.Zuiko 12-45mm f/4 Pro lens while in London last week. While waiting for my train to arrive on the Underground, I did a couple of (very hasty!) long exposures of passengers disembarking.

The first one is a 10-second handheld exposure, and the second is a 4-second handheld exposure.

Again, they're not supposed to be great images as I was just playing while waiting for my train. But I think it's amazing how good the in-body image stabilization is on the E-M1 Mark III (7 stops, by default), making it possible to do these kinds of long exposures on a whim and without a tripod.

Imagine what you could do with this if you actually put some time and thought into it!

sm_edit_P2210262.jpg

sm_edit_P2210265.jpg

Last edited:
May 30, 2020
I'm not holding these up as great photographs, because they're really not, but I thought they were interesting!

I was playing with the new Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III and Olympus M.Zuiko 12-45mm f/4 Pro lens while in London last week. While waiting for my train to arrive on the Underground, I did a couple of (very hasty!) long exposures of passengers disembarking.

The first one is a 10-second handheld exposure, and the second is a 4-second handheld exposure.

Again, they're not supposed to be great images as I was just playing while waiting for my train. But I think it's amazing how good the in-body image stabilization is on the E-M1 Mark III (7 stops, by default), making it possible to do these kinds of long exposures on a whim and without a tripod.

Imagine what you could do with this if you actually put some time and thought into it!

View attachment 124

View attachment 125
My Pentax KP has five axis IBIS too and is very impressive also 🙂

ASK THE COMMUNITY