Advice for stills camera

Jan 16, 2020
Hi
I’m looking for advice regarding buying camera for stills. I’ve no need for great video ability.
I am looking to use for indoor and outdoor portrait, street photography (some at night)
The most important thing for me is image quality, as looking to get many A0 images printed.
I’m happy to buy a used body which maybe 3 years old.
I’d rather get a good solid body with great stills capabilities and spent more money on quality new lenses for it.
I’ve been considering Sony A7R Mark 2, used 750, etc.
All advice welcome
Thanks
Andy

Nov 19, 2019
I have a D750 and it's a great all-round camera but I don't think I'd use it for blowing up images to A0, although it would do well on your night photoghraphy. On the Nikon platform I'd look for a used D850 if you can afford it (45MP versus the 24 of the D750). If that's too much, then perhaps the older D810 (36MP).

I don't have personal experience of the Sony A7R2, but I recall reviews that said there was significant lag on the electronic shutter, and I wonder how that would affect your street photography.

Nov 18, 2019
consider the sony a7 iii. it should be comparable in price with the a7r ii, but has better autofocus.

Artaius

Staff member
Nov 13, 2019
www.digitalcameraworld.com
The Sony A7R II (review here) is a brilliant camera and ticks all the boxes. The 42MP sensor will give you plenty of resolution for large prints, the camera is compact for carrying outdoors and discrete for street photography, and the in-body image stabilization will help you nail nighttime shots in lower light.

ASK THE COMMUNITY