News Canon EOS R6: Everything we know so far

Jan 22, 2020
The one thing always seemed to be overlooked but oh so important to photographers who have developed "muscle memory" from hundreds of hours with an EOS camera in their hands is do the new R5 and R6 retain the control wheel, joy stick, and other EOS standard controls we know and love? The EOS R did not and to my thinking, lost potential customers as a result. Sure, talk about all the other stuff, but don't overlook the control layout, form and function of these cameras.

Jun 11, 2020
The one thing always seemed to be overlooked but oh so important to photographers who have developed "muscle memory" from hundreds of hours with an EOS camera in their hands is do the new R5 and R6 retain the control wheel, joy stick, and other EOS standard controls we know and love? The EOS R did not and to my thinking, lost potential customers as a result. Sure, talk about all the other stuff, but don't overlook the control layout, form and function of these cameras.
I would have to agree on your EOS R comments, I have one and love it, but coming from a 5D MK II where I had the joystick and control wheel I think I would have preferred if they had been retained instead of the touch bar which to my mind is not useless, but certainly not a requirement.

ASK THE COMMUNITY