D3500 upgrade?

Jul 14, 2020
Hi,

I am looking for an upgrade for my D3500. Do any of you have any suggestions? I don’t paying a little more, however not over the odds. What do you think is the next step?
Thanks,
Luke

Nov 26, 2019
Why do you want to upgrade? What are you looking for in your new camera? What is your budget?
The D3500 is fairly new, and is an excellent camera. I for one use a D3200, and it produces fantastic images.
You might want to rethink this unless you have a really good reason.

Oct 11, 2020
fixipixi.com
I have used the Nikon D3200 camera for 6+ years, it's performance well, Nikon D3500 is a new camera and it has Bluetooth and some latest technology. So you can buy it.

Oct 14, 2020
Upgrade in terms of what? Features or capability? The D5xxx range of cameras could be seen as an upgrade due to, for example, the flippy screens and a few more buttons that give direct access to some settings, but in terms of being a "better" camera I would suggest that you would need to progress to the D7xxx range.

The "standard" response to a question about upgrading is "what do you feel is holding you back?" Maybe looking at getting better lenses would be a better way forward, for example a fast standard lens or telezoom (70-200 f/2.8)? OP< have you made a decision and/or "upgraded" yet?

ASK THE COMMUNITY