DSLR vs mirrorless: which do you prefer?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Digital Camera World community: the world's fastest-growing photography website, covering every aspect of image-making, from DSLR and mirrorless cameras to mobile photography, drones, post-production and printing.
Aug 24, 2020
hello every one. i am new here and this is my first interaction on this forum.
i think irrespective of the user its always technology that governs the choices, though some exceptions are always there.
Soon it will be all mirror less ..some who choose to stay with dslr's will have to shift to cope up with times or upcoming tech.

On the outset i guess camera is not the choice its all your creativity that matters , there are people out there creating magic with their mobile phones having 6-12 mega pixel cameras..

Feb 28, 2020
hello every one. i am new here and this is my first interaction on this forum.
i think irrespective of the user its always technology that governs the choices, though some exceptions are always there.
Soon it will be all mirror less ..some who choose to stay with dslr's will have to shift to cope up with times or upcoming tech.

On the outset i guess camera is not the choice its all your creativity that matters , there are people out there creating magic with their mobile phones having 6-12 mega pixel cameras..
There will always be DSLR's. It's like vinyl. They tried to phases it out, but it came back stronger. Even film is making a comeback. The benefits of an optical viewfinder surpass those of an electronic one and until someone develops a hybrid option that works well, there will always be two camps.

Oct 14, 2020
I started off with film SLR's then "progressed" to digital SLR's later in life. I've subsequently diversified into mirrorless as well when I found a "bargain" as a birthday treat and was instantly please by the OOC colours that were rendered by Olympus. Since then I have developed my gear to include both systems. I have found that DSLRs will still focus much faster on moving objects - the faster the movement, the greater the advantage that a DSLR appears top have over mirrorless. I also find EVFs particularly irritating, they just upset my brain somehow, although the latest ones do seem an awful lot better that the first ones. For example I have an Olympus E-M10 mk II and can use the viewfinder on that with little bother. However, for travel (eg city break holiday) where size and weight may be a very important consideration, then mirrorless is just as good (IMHO) but takes up less space and weighs less. But if low light shots are called for, then it's back to DSLR as somehow (again IMHO) they seem to perform better (APS-C against MFT in my case). At the moment, I would not want to commit 100% to mirrorless

Oct 25, 2020
Hey, it's Rod Lawton here, Group Reviews editor at DCW, and I've got a question for all you folk out there. Who uses a DSLR in preference to a mirrorless camera and why? (OK, two questions.) Mirrorless cameras are the future, yada yada yada, and I own a few myself and I've tested dozens, but I also still like optical viewfinders, camera bodies big enough to get a proper grip on and batteries that will last all day (so that's DSLRs, then). What do you think?
Hi Rod,
I have used a SLR cameras for 40 years and looking through the lens proves "complete information about the subject, foreground, background and lighting. Viewing a LCD screen is not for me.

ASK THE COMMUNITY