• Lights, Camera, Action! Welcome to the Digital Camera World Community. Please introduce yourself here. You could also be in with a chance to win a Skylum Prize Bundle, visit our competition thread here.

Hello, fellow Sony users!

Nov 15, 2019
I have a little ol' Sony Alpha DSLR A900. I kind of grew up with the Sony brand, and guess I am a bit sentimental about them.
Do you think Sony is still competitive in the high end camera game?
I'll be looking to upgrade in a year or so, need to save up some first (and learn more about what I want to do in photography).

Reactions: orpheusrocker
Nov 19, 2019
I own an Alpha a300 and an SLT a77. I recently rented an a7ii for a week and am considering buying one. Is Sony still competitive? I would say yes with their a9ii and a7Riv for high end. I've read a lot of good reviews on the a7 series in general and feel they offer enough models for all experience levels.

Reactions: orpheusrocker
Nov 22, 2019
Hi
Despite having a Canon 5dMkIII (and multiple lenses) I still love to use my Sony SLT-A77. The A77 was the wonder camera of 2011 that put affordable power into the hands of enthusiasts and still holds it's place amongst current offerings. The Tamron 18-270 makes it quite versatile. Minolta's nifty fifty produces lovely work too.

ASK THE COMMUNITY