Question Is a Pentax DSLR cheaper because of its lower quality?

Nov 12, 2019
Just wondering because they look a bit...cheap? Lower price is good and all but I don't want to get stuck on the wrong side of "you get what you pay for."

Nov 12, 2019
Nope. Not for me anyway. I think the lower price has more to do with marketing and all that. Like the higher end brands are known more or have better ad campaigns. Some are legit better, but you can find a very serviceable Pentax (I'm currently shooting with a K-1).

rlawton

Staff member
Nov 13, 2019
The cameras are actually very good, but IMHO the lenses can be variable and there's less choice.

May 30, 2020
Just wondering because they look a bit...cheap? Lower price is good and all but I don't want to get stuck on the wrong side of "you get what you pay for."
Pentax cameras are far from cheap, in fact they are well known for their durability and value for money. All the current cameras are weather resistant, even the base model. I have had a K10D, K20D, K3 and now I have a Pentax KP, which is the best camera I have had so far. I have also had a couple of Nikons, a D5100 and a D5300, both excellent but not as sturdy and also a Olympus OMD EM10ii, also good but again, not as good as the Pentax.

ASK THE COMMUNITY