• Lights, Camera, Action! Welcome to the Digital Camera World Community. Please introduce yourself here. You could also be in with a chance to win a Skylum Prize Bundle, visit our competition thread here.

Is GoPro the only game in town?

Nov 15, 2019
Interesting that there is only one sub-thread here, for the GoPro.
Are there really no other major brands for action cameras? I have been looking to upgrade my old one for some time and was hoping to explore other options.
Hoping there are some experts here who can help.

MMohammed

Assistant Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 12, 2019
GoPros are generally your best bet (as you'd already know!) but DJI is not too shabby either!

Nov 19, 2019
My son has a Go Pro 4K which he takes out on fishing and hunting expeditions. Great for the purpose and can take a bashing without any worries. Suits his needs

I own a Sony FDR-X3000 4K Action Camera. I use it occasionally on my e-bike and in the car. Video quality better that the Go Pro but the real winner is Sony's BOSS (Balanced Optica StabiliserSystem) Comparison to his Go Pro is like night and day. I find the Sony better for my purposes.

There you go, it's horses for courses.

Nov 19, 2019
How do you think its right solution for youtube videos?
Sorry, I don't do YouTube. Or faeces book,or selfies, or Instagram. Must be an age thing :) In fact, no social media at all apart from a couple of forums.

As to your query about YT, it should be fine. Wide angle, great colour rendition and great 4K quality.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY