Is there a way to speed up the MILC?

Nov 15, 2019
I know that DSLRs are faster but I love my MILC. My only complaint is that it takes longer to focus, so I find myself missing out on some action shots. Is there any way to speed up the focus or should I just break down and get a DSLR for sporting events?
I really don't want to lug around a hefty camera and lens, when my MILC is so light.

Nov 18, 2019
try prefocusing and then shooting. it's hard with action and sporting events, but if you can predict that the action will happen at a certain spot (like the goal line) then prefocus on that place and wait for the action to enter.

but if you're shooting fuji then just mash the shutter button instead of half pressing to focus and it goes a little faster.. i've never shot sony but they have a fairly quick autofocus system, possibly quicker than some dslr/lens combos.

if you're talking about speeding up the shutter lag (the time between pressing the button and when the camera actually takes the photo) then get a dslr.

Dec 17, 2019
Or if it's shutter lag, it depends on what camera you're using. I have a Sony a6300 and an a7II. Their shutter lag is almost non existent.

ASK THE COMMUNITY