• Lights, Camera, Action! Welcome to the Digital Camera World Community. Please introduce yourself here. You could also be in with a chance to win a Skylum Prize Bundle, visit our competition thread here.

Question Just bought a Nikon D300s - what do you think of them

Nov 21, 2019
www.flickr.com
Hello, thought to make my first post about the Nikon D300s I bought the other day.

I'd be interested in people's view of the camera. I also have a Nikon D5600 (and a Canon A1). I have to admit the D300s was something of an impulse buy - I was just idly browsing to see what was out there to use as a second body for my Nikon kit and ended up buying it.

I've not had the chance to put it through its paces properly yet, just trying to get to grips with the features. I realise from my first impressions that, although considerably older than my D5600, it is a superior camera in many ways, verging on the professional or at least higher end amateur sector.

Like I say, I'd be interested in your views if you have any experience with the D300s.

Nov 18, 2019
congrats on the new camera!

i have no views on the camera because i've never used nikon, but if you're happy then i'm happy for you. the best camera you could possibly have is the one in your hand when the opportunity for a photo is in front of you.

Reactions: thewiccaman

rlawton

Staff member
Nov 13, 2019
I used a D300s for about three years when I was Technique Editor on N-Photo. Its 12MP resolution is a little low by today's standards but you won't notice unless you produce big prints. Otherwise, it's a fast, responsive and solid camera – and it is a semi-pro model and was at the time Nikon's top APS-C model.

Reactions: thewiccaman
Nov 21, 2019
www.flickr.com
I used a D300s for about three years when I was Technique Editor on N-Photo. Its 12MP resolution is a little low by today's standards but you won't notice unless you produce big prints. Otherwise, it's a fast, responsive and solid camera – and it is a semi-pro model and was at the time Nikon's top APS-C model.
Thanks for this. Clearly a good buy then & I feel I got a good deal. Bought from London Camera Exchange for £183. Only has 2500 shutter count.

TBH, as much as I really do like my D5600, the 300s seems a huge step up in features, just need to get my head around them all. YouTube is being my friend here.

ASK THE COMMUNITY