New to Nikon Cameras want to buy one

Jan 6, 2020
I'm not sure which Nikon camera I should choose! willing to get above the D5600 related to the over all cost. The $$ limit is $2,500.00 Willing to learn how to use this camera thru local camera courses and DCW. Please advise which camera would be the best for me, also which type ie. DSCL, Mirrorless, etc.

Jan 6, 2020
I do appreciate your input greatly, may I ask why the 24-70mm. I am really learning so much and would like to know more about the lenses. I know these darn newbies, but we all have to start somewhere, right!! and Thank you so much.

Dec 12, 2019
Firstly, it is often supplied with cameras as it is the most useful zoom range for most things. 24mm being a decent wideangle for landscapes, interiors etc and zooming to 70mm is ideal for portraits and picking out a little more detail. The Nikon Z6 is a Full Frame camera equivalent to a 35mm in the analogue past. This is often called FX for Full Frame. The smaller sensor is DX and the equivalent lens might be an 18-55mm (27mm to 80mm in full frame terms).
The reason I suggested the Z6 is that is has so much going for it. The quality is outstanding and it is one of Nikons newest mirrorless cameras and this is likely to be the future though there is nothing wrong with DSLR (digital single lens reflexes) which have mirrors that flip out of the way when taking a photograph and this may in some circumstances introduce some slight blur.
Most journalists carry a 24-70mm lens and later get a 70-200mm or 70-300mm to supplement it. There is something to be learned here.
Go to a camera shop and ask about the Z6 and compare to the new D780 which is announced tomorrow.

Jan 6, 2020
That info is great, as I do plan on using this new Nikon camera to take photos of My Olde English Bulldogge and her pups when she has them, of my horse (in movement) landscape right outside my backdoor and area also portraits of people. I also have been reading the debate between the digital or full-frame cameras on DCW. That new D780 sounds like an interesting camera to take into account. Do you know about this new D780? There are so many options with the Nikons that it would be nice if they made one to specific demands of the consumer. Most definitely I will learn about the lenses. I think that you are great to help me and thank you soooo much. Great talking Elizabeth Gardner

ASK THE COMMUNITY