News Nikon Z6 II review

Jun 11, 2020
At least you didn't compare it to the A7 III which a lot of people still think is the yard stick. Nice article, think for now I will stick with the Z6 which is a great camera even with its eccentricities. :)

Nov 20, 2020
The main point missed in this article is from the perspective of a wildlife photographer with long glass. The reviewer is obviously photographer was short glass.

In shooting my 800 mm lens (which neither Panasonic nor Sony even has), I'm in the ISO 6400 to 10,000 range, almost without exception, in an ideal morning light. Although the reviewer "mentions this in passing," for me it's where the rubber meets the road.

The Z6 II handily trounces any other mirrorless option in high-DR/low-noise capability, so anything else other than that is of absolutely no interest to me. With Sony I can't even use an 800 mm lens + 2X converter, for 1600 mm. And yet, even if I could I would get ugly, garbled results in the DR/noise department. Thanks but no thanks.

To this date, no mirrorless or DSLR can equal the D5 in clean, high DR, low noise ability. Not even the newer D6.

However, the Z6's mirrorless nature allows me to use 1.4 X and 2X converters (which no DSLR will allow), and is "close enough" to the D5 in its image quality, up at high ISOs, that I use it now more than I do the D5. This is called real-world usage, with specialized, high-end wildlife glass, versus "a brief review" with average, low-end glass.

Nov 23, 2020
no clue what you mean. This review was conducted on a F2.8 zoom, and they did in fact cranked the ISO all the way to 100,000. Not everyone is a wildlife photographer who needs 1600mm.

ASK THE COMMUNITY