News Panasonic Lumix S1H review

Feb 25, 2020
Hello, I'd really like to have more information about S1H settings in the video with the girl. Have you used AF face- and eye-detect mode? There are a lot of videos that doesn't show similar behavior in autofocus, but I don't own the camera and can't judge it, but I hope that you can provide more information about AF settings. I'm frightened about autofocus can loose focus spontaneity when filming, so I want to be more sure if there is a fix about it. Thanks!

rlawton

Staff member
Nov 13, 2019
OK, I've checked back and our sample video was shot using full frame 225-area AF with Face/Eye/Body/Animal AF active and AF tracking enabled – with the subject tapped for tracking. Since your question, I've looked at a few YouTube S1H tests and the ones I've seen so far have been less demanding than our test, with the camera static on a tripod and focus test subjects in the center of the frame. The S1H might prove very effective if you fully explore its many AF options and permutations, but in our real-world test (walking and shooting, a moving portrait subject) it didn't cope that well. I hope that helps!

ASK THE COMMUNITY