Presenting the works

Jan 17, 2020
I will have to present some of my works for a university photography competition and it should take less than 5 minutes (I have about 15 works). The only thing that comes to my mind is PowerPoint presentation but I'm not sure it is a great idea. Do you know any video-makers or slide-makers or whatever-makers that will suit?

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020
It very much depends on the way the jury will look through the works. Will the competition be open for the audience? If so, you can use Power Point and just present your works using a stopwatch on your phone. If not, you may try Smartshow slideshow maker for PC. Just don't forget to adjust the duration of each slide or you may overflow.

Reactions: KateLisssa

Chris George

Staff member
Nov 13, 2019
www.digitalcameraworld.com
I use Google Slides for presentations. As it is a cloud-based system, it is easy to share - and to work on in different places (and the software is free). The one caveat is that if you are doing an important presentation you can't rely on having wifi.... For that reason, I always ensure that I have saved an offline version – and have a PDF copy too, as an extra security precaution. Lots of photographers use Keynote for talks... mainly as most pro photographers use MacBooks!

Jan 17, 2020
I will have to present some of my works for a university photography competition and it should take less than 5 minutes (I have about 15 works). The only thing that comes to my mind is PowerPoint presentation but I'm not sure it is a great idea. Do you know any video-makers or slide-makers or whatever-makers that will suit?
The competition is closed, you are right. Thanks!

Jan 17, 2020
I use Google Slides for presentations. As it is a cloud-based system, it is easy to share - and to work on in different places (and the software is free). The one caveat is that if you are doing an important presentation you can't rely on having wifi.... For that reason, I always ensure that I have saved an offline version – and have a PDF copy too, as an extra security precaution. Lots of photographers use Keynote for talks... mainly as most pro photographers use MacBooks!
Thank you! Tht's really useful!

Reactions: Chris George

ASK THE COMMUNITY