Ricoh thinks everyone will go back to DSLR? :(

Nov 15, 2019
I was surprised to read that Ricoh thinks people will switch back to DSLRs. Dudes, I have a Ricoh GXR mirrorless, does this mean they're going to stop making or supporting them?

I am confused. :(

I love how lightweight the mirrorless is, easy on my wrists on long days. The only downside I've experienced is that it takes a little longer to focus, which makes it less fun at a soccer or football game, but overall I love it.

rlawton

Staff member
Nov 13, 2019
Umm, sorry @SpookyFlash but the GXR is gone. I thought it was a brilliant camera, if that's any consolation. I think this is just Ricoh singing the praises of its chief remaining product line.

May 30, 2020
I went back to a DSLR, I had a Sony NEX6, a Fuji X30 and an Olympus OMD EM10ii, all great cameras but for me personally, there is something about a DSLR that I love and I now have a Pentax KP, which is just as compact as many mirrorless camera's, it is weathersealed, has 5 axsis IBIS, the image quality and dynamic range are amazing. Some of the lenses for the newer mirrorless camera's have become larger and larger, making the whole point of mirrorless cameras a bit pointless.

ASK THE COMMUNITY