News The best action cameras in 2020: action cams you can take just about anywhere

Mar 3, 2020
To me it seems like all these manufacturers have lost site of the purpose of an action camera. All these fancy features like touch screens are not only useless but also disruptive to the use of the camera. It's an, "action cam", not a studio cam, you can't use any of that crap in free fall or in the middle of any action sport. All these features serve to do is to cause the camera to inadvertently get switched to the wrong mode or cause it to stop recording in the middle of the action. To me they have all become worthless, someone needs to get back to basics and start making action cams again.

SHaines

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2019
To me they have all become worthless, someone needs to get back to basics and start making action cams again.
Not being much of an action photographer myself, I hadn't really thought about it in these terms before. Touch screens do seem like a really odd choice for a camera to be used in some extreme situations. I appreciate your insights!

ASK THE COMMUNITY