Travel tripod

Nov 24, 2019
Which lightweight travel tripod would you recommend? For Sony RX10iii and Canon 70d with 15-85mm lens. Thanks

Bob

Nov 24, 2019
Take a look at Punk's 3 Legged Thing - mfg. in England. It is light weight, has a built in head that doesn't droop when you remove your hand. I got it from Service Photo in Baltimore - they do sell on-line.

Nov 24, 2019
Thanks TammyLynn, I went for the Calumet CK8204 Carbon Fibre Travel Tripod and Ball Head in the end. Very lightweight and packs down to 31cms with a carrying load of 5kg. A good Black Friday deal too. My main interest is macro photography and the fact it can be used as a monopod as well, meant it ticked all the boxes.

Reactions: TammyLynn

Artaius

Staff member
Nov 13, 2019
www.digitalcameraworld.com
Very late to the party with this, but I thoroughly cosign on these – I use the Manfrotto Befree Nerissimo for just about everything these days, and the thing is so small and light that it goes in my hand luggage when I attend press events overseas. Absolutely brilliant tripod!

Manfrotto makes a great travel tripod range called BeFree. Small, lightweight and fit easily in a backpack, which is where I often have it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY