Welcome to the Digital Camera World Community! Introduce yourself here.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Digital Camera World community: the world's fastest-growing photography website, covering every aspect of image-making, from DSLR and mirrorless cameras to mobile photography, drones, post-production and printing.

SHaines

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2019
Hi guys.
I'm an immigrant from over at Toms Hardware and Toms Guide.

I do a fair bit of hobbyist level stuff, a lot of macro close ups.
And I'm one of those heathens that is neither Canon nor Nikon. Fuji X-T1 for me...:eek:. Secondarily, an HS-10.

Hope I can make some good contributions in here.
Welcome!

Since 2014 the passion is back, but shoot primarily landscapes and townscapes now. I can't hike, but I love roaming around the Sierra Nevadas in Plumas County behind the wheel of my Jeep.
Thanks so much for joining the community!

Reactions: Jim McClain
Feb 27, 2020
Hi I'm Kevin from Kevin John Photography based in South Wales
I have been a professional photographer for over 20 years. I started learning photography with a Canon EOS 1000F Film camera in 1992 . I used to own a darkroom and delevop Black and White Prints. I photograph a lot of Weddings and Portraits I supose I am a people photographer more than anything. But on saying all that I am just starting with virtual tours.

Reactions: SHaines and sward
Feb 27, 2020
Hi, I'm Ian from Hertfordshire now retired from technology and communications industry in Sales & Marketing. I've been photographing the world with increasing success since I was 14 (long time ago). I am a Nikon chap and have a D7100 and a D500 with assorted lenses from wide angle lenses to my latest 200-500 Nikkor. I take mostly wildlife, travel and landscapes but I want to get into street photography more (after taking some brave pills obvs). Always learning and hopefully retaining most of the knowledge.

Attachments

Reactions: sward and SHaines
Feb 27, 2020
I'm Devin, and I'm just an amateur photographer. I love smartphone photography because of how convenient it is, but you definitely sacrifice quality (but that's changing as years go on). I dabbled in astrophotography for a bit but realized I wanted to buy all the extra equipment to get those awesome shots, so I took a break until I have more money!

Reactions: sward and SHaines

SHaines

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2019
I'm Devin, and I'm just an amateur photographer. I love smartphone photography because of how convenient it is, but you definitely sacrifice quality (but that's changing as years go on). I dabbled in astrophotography for a bit but realized I wanted to buy all the extra equipment to get those awesome shots, so I took a break until I have more money!
Welcome!

Reactions: sward
Feb 29, 2020
Hi. I'm Colin aka BaronBaz (don't ask) and have been a photographer/videographer in one form or another for thirty-five odd years. Before the digital revolution I was the Channel Controller for my local cable tv channel, producing about eight hours of television each month with a small team. I'm currently not working in the industry due to health issues but still like to get out with my cameras and capture wildlife and more abstract images in nature.

I use two Canon 5D DSLRs: a mk1 and a mk2, with an assortment of Canon and Sigma lenses. I also use a Lumix GH4 to shoot 4K video.

I joined the aerial photography bandwagon a few years ago, investing in several expensive drones, a rather costly course of training and gained my PFCO (Permit for Commercial Operations), which I held for two years before deciding I'd wasted my money! I still have drones but no longer operate them commercially.

That's me in a nutshell 😁

Reactions: Douglas and sward
Feb 29, 2020
www.instagram.com
O' hai dere! I'm new. *blinks* - but old - , *blinks*, no no, not that old. Not ancient dusty and decrepit or rusty or any of those creaky things, not yet at any rate.

Anyhoo, I typically shoot birbs n critters out in and around the urban wilderness in Toronto, Ontario. Occasionally I'll do macro's of the smaller critters n things I find interesting as well. You'll note those on my Instagram.

I consider myself fairly well rounded as far as photography goes, and maybe considering doing some print sales sort of things not too far off just to support new bodies & glass items to further my photography interests.

I am of course, a Canon shooter. Presently using a 80D. I had my sights on moving to a 7D MK III but it looks like Canon discontinued those. So now in a kind of holding pattern to see what the 5d MK V might bring. I'd love to have a 1DX MK III, and one of those EF 600mm lens dealies but the cards are saying not yet. *sigh*.

sward

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2019
Welcome to everyone who has just joined! Looking forward to reading your threads :)

Mar 2, 2020
Hi, been taking photos since my 10th birthday when i got my first SLR camera, now using a Canon digital 350d which was a birthday present at 46, now 60 but the camera is still going strong, so no need to upgrade yet, maybe my 65th lol I mostly take photos of cars and trucks, but animals do rate high in my preferences. claim to fame got front cover of local newspaper right place right time, and always have my camera with me..

Mar 15, 2020
Howdy, I'm Stuart and I am a hobby photographer. My interest in photography grew from my love of motorsport. When I became bored of just turning up and watching the track action, I began to wander more around the outer workings of the race track and discovered the paddocks, pit lanes and garages. My point and shoot photos were crap so I upgraded to a bridge camera and got better quality crap photos. The internet helped me learn a bit about photography, but I wanted a more personal learning experience so I joined a local camera club. Then, on a club outing, I realised that I needed much more control and within a week had upgraded again to an entry level DSLR. Since then, I have found that I now take far more people shots, but not all posed portraits. I really enjoy the release from the daily grind that going out with my camera gives me and am currently becoming more interested in how I can arrange larger set up photo scenes and shoots but on a minimal budget. I have ideas that far outstrip my income so maybe they will stay as ideas... maybe they will be realised. Time will tell.

Mar 21, 2020
Hello everybody,
I am Vladimir, a professional photographer from Russia. I like to go to the mountains and shoot landscapes, I also do portraiture and do business, which is also related to photography. I have a small photo lab where I make photo books, print photos on various materials.

Mar 30, 2020
My name is Tom. I am a retierd chemistry lecturer at a Dutch University. I have a long history in photography and darkroom labour. Being a chemical engineer I make my own developpers etc. and build my own developping machines. Al gone now and keeping up with progress I have switched to digital photography. For that I own a Canon, Lumix and Fujifilm camera; the last is my fafourit.

Apr 10, 2020
www.freeimages.com
I'm Brandon, Graphic Designer and amateur photographer. I work in the glass fabrication industry. I've been in this field for 10 years. I became a member because I need to get better at my craft and I've found that forums are the best way to do that. I'm really looking forward to understanding my camera and all of its features.

Attachments

May 29, 2020
Hello all, I'm Brad and I am a new member writing from Petaluma, California.

I was fortunate to start young, with a Minolta 110 Zoom SLR Mk II when I was 7. I moved up to a Nikon F at age 10 which I still have. We moved around the States a lot but that meant I was able to learn a great deal from a wide range of photographers. Darkrooms were everywhere back then so I was spending more and more time perfecting my techniques. We moved to the Kansas City area when I was in junior high school and I became an assistant to a renowned portrait photographer in Leavenworth. At this point I started buying deeper into the Nikon system. With everyone making the switch to AF there was a veritable sea of MF glass to be had. In high school I was a photographer and writer for our school newspaper and started doing some small gallery shows and entering local contests.

Music started to become a larger priority for me but I continued to take my camera wherever I went. One memorable trip was a tour with a jazz choir in Mexico in 1996 where I shot 25 rolls of Velvia and 10 rolls of Tri-X with an F4. I had to spread that E-6 development out over a few weeks since it cost so much! I started getting interested in other formats and borrowed a Speed Graphic for a summer which was a revelation. I got one of my own and started looking at medium format systems as well. Then the Canon 1D came out and I had to see what the fuss was about. I used it to shoot several music festivals in 2002 but ultimately went back to Nikon.

Once digital hit the mainstream, getting older manual cameras became easier than ever and it was finally possible for me to buy into Leica, Hasselblad, and Rolleiflex. I moved to NYC in 2004 and made a living as a musician, producer, composer, arranger, audio engineer, and photographer. I mainly shot music, theater, street, and headshots. It was there that I also met many avid birders and bird photographers and I began getting interested in longer lenses. I met my wife in Brooklyn and we moved back to her hometown of San Francisco several years ago.

I no longer shoot professionally but that has given me more time to pursue my own interests which is now mainly wildlife and macro with a Nikon D5 and D850, various MF and AF Nikkors, and street, environmental, and portraiture with my other systems. I'm looking forward to diving into the forums here.

Reactions: Tony Britton
Jun 3, 2020
OK!

I'm Tord from Sweden and got my first SLR around '68, and my first DSLR 2010, a Pentax K-x. Some five years later switched to Nikon 1 and the Nikon FX and eventually Nikon DX.

Been into computers a long time from IBM 360 (1971) to Sinclair, Amstrad, and Acorn, and tnow PC and Mac!

Jun 6, 2020
Hello, I’m a new member. I work as a film-maker (mainly corporate and third sector) of around 18 years experience and hobby photographer of around 25 years experience.

I worked in photo retail as a student, just as digital was making serious inroads to the mass market, so have experience in 35mm and digital.

I use Panasonic LUMIX camera for my video work and Canon EOS cameras for my hobby photography.

I do all sorts of stuff to amuse myself mainly.. love my swirly Helios lens on my 5Dii for a creamy dreamy look!

Onthe cusp of changing to a new system, really taken with the S1H, but going to wait and see what the R6 offers.

Jun 20, 2020
Hi everyone, I’m Sandy, a professional wildlife photographer who is incredibly lucky to live in Johannesburg, South Africa. Lucky because we’re 1/2 a days drive away from our fabulous Kruger National Park on the Eastern side of SA, a day away from Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park on the Western side of SA and a day and 1/2 drive away from Chobe National Park in Botswana.

My “go-to” combination is my well-used Nikon D850 and the Nikon f4 200-400 mm lens. This is such a fun, never-ending learning journey!

Jul 24, 2020
Hello there.
I'm Bianca from Canada.
I just started taking photography lessons from the internet.
I followed some people on YouTube which post Photography tips weekly. and so far, it's not bad.

Aug 6, 2020
Hi Im Bryan, Ive been shooting for around 30 years studied photography many years ago in the UK and now work in Canada. I mostly shoot wildife in Africa but also lecture, write for several magazines and run workshops onsite and via zoom.
Glad to meet yo uall

ASK THE COMMUNITY