Welcome to the Digital Camera World Community! Introduce yourself here.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Digital Camera World community: the world's fastest-growing photography website, covering every aspect of image-making, from DSLR and mirrorless cameras to mobile photography, drones, post-production and printing.
Aug 17, 2020
I'm from Toronto, Canada. I've used Nikon equipment almost exclusively since 1976. Other than a Hasselblad 500 CM, all of my cameras have been Nikons. From the FE, CoolPix 990, D40X, D5200, D5300 to my current D5500 and Z6, I've used my cameras almost exclusively while travelling the world. At last count, I had visited 45 countries and will hopefully get to visit another 45 in the not too distant future.

I'm almost never satisfied with my photos and still consider myself to be an amateur. So whatever tips and equipment recommendations I can get from folks on this forum will certainly help me in my quest to become a better photographer.

Aug 25, 2020
Hi I'm from Redditch ( originally Edinburgh ) in Worcs England Ive been taking photographs for a long time on a Konica my first camera, Panasonic, Sony, and Nikon, and at present a D500. Its only in the past year that Ive been able to concentrate 100% on photography wildlife is my passion I find landscape to time consuming post photographing plus I'm not very good at it. So any info I can glean from anyone would be great, equipment wise or anything to do with wildlife cheers.

G'day from Melbourne, Australia.
I moved to full frame digital photography in 2013 when I seriously rekindled my interest in photography. I'm a member of the Melbourne Camera Club, whose members continue to inspire me.
Pre-COVID I was lucky enough to live and work in Australia, New Zealand, USA & Belgium. Also visited many other countries. I enjoy taking photos of what's around me. Now I'm semi-retired I'm pushing myself to get better as an artist. That's involving learning more about post processing and understanding what makes images "work". Fun :)
Cheers, John

Sep 30, 2020
View attachment 17

Lights, Camera, ACTION!

Hello everyone and welcome to the launch of the Digital Camera World forums.

Stevie here from the Community Team, giving you a rundown on the awesome stuff we have planned for launch week!

Introduce yourself...

First of all we’d love for you to read the forum rules and introduce yourself, and to let us know a little more about you and the kind of photography you do! If you know of anyone with anything cool, rare or incredibly nerdy please do encourage them to post!

Meet the editorial team...

Also check out these other discussion threads to get stuck in. The editorial staff from Digital Camera World will be weighing in throughout the week!

Break the ice by letting the team know - What’s the most unusual item you have in your camera bag?

Our Group Reviews Editor @rlawton wants to know - Who uses DSLR in preference to a mirrorless camera and why?

Digital Camera World Community Launch Giveaway in Partnership with Skylum

For our Launch Event (which will be live later in the week) we are partnering with Skylum on an incredible launch giveaway!

For a chance to win:
Aurora HDR'19 & Photolemur 3 plus the Cinematic Color Looks pack

You will need to sign up to this forum, post your favourite place to go photo shooting in our competition thread and fill in our gleam app with your contact details a link to your entry. (Entries are sweepstake only, one entry per user, no purchase or talent necessary). Not only this, but we'll be relaunching the competition 4 times, so you have four different chances to win over the next four months. Keep your eyes peeled, the competition thread will be live soon.

Showcase your work...

If you'd like to showcase your work, ask for editing help, or talk about the work of others, visit The Showcase. We also have handy tips and tricks for copy-writing your work, creative commons licences and Terms of Use. You can even create your own thread to use as a live journal, who knows, the Digital Camera World Editorial Team may look at your work.

We don't just develop photos...

This forum community is brand new, and we're so excite to be developing it with ideas from you, the community. If you have any thoughts or feature ideas, feel free to head over to forum feedback. We'd love to hear from you. :cool:

Engage!
Stevie
Thanks for your share.
JH-Mech Enterprises Inc.

ASK THE COMMUNITY