What was your first Camera?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Digital Camera World community: the world's fastest-growing photography website, covering every aspect of image-making, from DSLR and mirrorless cameras to mobile photography, drones, post-production and printing.
Feb 28, 2020
I found my grandfather’s double-stroke Leica M3 and three lenses in my parents’ basement when I was 13. Grandpa had bought them in Heidelberg in 1954, before I was born. Dad said I could use them, so off I went on my bicycle with the M3 over my shoulder to get film. As I was about to throw a leg over my bike to leave after buying a roll of Tri-X, the camera store’s owner motioned me back inside and offered me a job as a stock boy. He assumed I knew something about photography since I had a Leica.

I didn’t back then, but I learned fast. I worked part-time at Stern’s Camera in suburban Winnetka IL for the next 6 years.

I still have that M3 today.

Feb 13, 2020
I started with a cheap 620 roll film camera in the early 60's, I don't remember the brand, but it was an off brand. Then in the middle 60's I bought a used Dacora Super Dignette as my first 35mm. I still have it and it still functions.

Feb 29, 2020
www.instagram.com
A gift from my grandfather back in the late 70's. Paired with Magicubes & 126 film cassettes.

Agfamatic_300_with_126_film_pack.jpg
Image from Google , so credit for this belongs to the original photographer.

Mar 2, 2020
Had many "point and shoot" cameras over the years, first serious camera was a Canon EOS 40D, now upgraded to the 80D.

Gam3r01

Apr 1, 2020
First camera I used for a short while was a Rebel T2 from my mom's friend.
First (and current) camera I owned myself is my Rebel T6.

May 30, 2020
Ok Nostaligia time, I'd love to know what your first camera was. I don't mind if it was a cheeky Polaroid number, a hardcore chonky serious unit or a retro 90's disposable - let me know what it was, and bonus points if you can find a picture of it!
My first camera was a Chinon CS with a M42 50mm lens, I bought it new from Dixons in Bath back in the 1980's after getting the photography bug from my Dad, who had a Zenith!!

Attachments

Reactions: Artaius

ASK THE COMMUNITY