Why are so many articles titled "The Best 10 ........ " etc?

Dec 12, 2019
Why are so many articles in this forum and on the internet purporting to be an analysis of the best 10 of something (not just photographic) and then just prove
  1. Not to be the best of?
  2. A simple list of manufacturers details?
  3. Not helpful in anyway?
  4. Be misleading to newcomers? Because of 1 & 3 above
This forum seems to be cursed with many news articles that meet the above criteria. A few would be acceptable but we are inundated! Why not do something that actually compares each and rate each on various factors with reasons why a score is given and adjust this for price/availability? I do realise this is not easy and is actually technical journalism but come on that is what the job is for some?

Photography is both an art AND a science even in this decade. Who is covering the science? Proper technical comparisons and lab derived measurements have all but died out? Yet the cost of an annual subscription to photographic magazines continues to spiral up and we are getting less?

sward

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2019
Hi there, removing the how to prefix, and moving this to the correct area.
This looks like a bug and is being looked into. Please use the forum feedback area if you wish to provide forum feedback. :)

Dec 12, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I want this forum to be successful so though I may appear critical posting posts such as this you can see I am one of the few helping people and contributing. I hope the admins see posts such as this as positive and not negative.

Apologies for posting in the wrong place can you direct me where was the correct place? Do you mean the !Report option bottom left?

sward

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2019
We know you're trying to be helpful, don't worry! I've already moved this thread to the forum feedback section.:)

We're really thankful for your contributions to the community. Did you add the how to tag yourself or was it part of the bug?

Dec 12, 2019
Hello,
I am not sure what you mean by 'tag' or the 'bug'. If the tag is related to social media, I do not use it. What does tagging yourself do and what is the bug? I did not knowingly add anything so if there is something this might be part of the bug?
cheers
Ian

sward

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2019
Your post appeared with the how to tag in blue that we removed. You can see it being used on the left.
Hmmm... what a mystery. :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY